Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas n' stuff

So, I don't quite know where to start, or even what to say, but we had a wonderful November, and really BUSY but fun December. Since I've started working for my dad a few days a week, it seems like the time is literally flying by, and I can't catch up on anything! But we were still able to enjoy the season, no matter how fast it came and went. We saw the Temple Square lights with the youth in our ward, and we took Davis along. It was really cold!

We went to the VoiceMale Christmas Concert with our friends Wilson and Kelly. It was so nice of them to invite us!
We went to the Eclipse Christmas concert two days later. James Case, our good friend and "Super Bass" is the bass in their group. Davis loved it. Here he is playing in the hall during the intermission:
Jake had his 26th Birthday! Woo Hoo! Davis "helped" me blow up balloons before Jake woke up, and all day long he would say, "Happy Birthday Daddy!" and give him kisses. It was so darling. It was very fitting that Jake turned 26, and that we blew up 26 balloons, because that is EXACTLY the number of letters in the alphabet! Each balloon received a letter, a number, and two or more words of items that begin with each letter. We had them in our family room for a week. :) They were Davis' best friends for a while. He had a blast popping them with a nail, too.


I didn't have any birthday candles . . .It was more like an ice cream cookie than an ice cream cake, but it tasted really good.

We got a new tree:

This made me laugh: Davis was crying, and told him to make the saddest face possible, then I took a picture of himAnd then I showed him the picture, and this is what he did:

Davis met Santa for the very first time. We had been telling him, "okay, Davis, when you see Santa, you can tell him what you want for Christmas and he'll bring it to you." When he first laid eyes on Santa, a huge smile crept up on his face. It was like he really understood what Santa was going to do for him. Santa was mingling with the kids before he made his way to his chair, and we went over to him and gave him a high five. Then, under his breath, Davis said, "ABC books." Santa didn't hear, but it made me laugh so hard.
On Christmas Eve, Grandma and Grandpa Tesch gave Davis a Giant dry erase writing/coloring book. It was a huge hit!Santa left our house so beautiful on Christmas morning. He gave Davis a brand new big boy Corvette bed, complete with a handmade ABC quilt, ABC books, ABC puzzles, fake food, a singing snowman from JoAnns, :) and some clothes. He was ecstatic. He played all day long. And then we spent the evening with the Freis, the Zauggs, and my parents for a yummy turkey dinner.Christmas also brought a ton of snow. It was beautiful. The next day we played outside and made a snowman. The snow was terrible for a snowman, so we had to "build" a snowman like a sand castle. It was still really fun.
Davis liked to lick the snowman. He licks everything these days. Click to enlarge. His face is hilarious. And also notice, if you can in this picture, that I can't button up my coat anymore :)As you can see, we have been having fun every moment we have together. Now the fam is in town and gearing up for the new year. We miss Angie like crazy, but know that we'll get to see her soon, too.

2009 is going to be full of new experiences for us . . . a new baby, new goals, school for Jake, potty training :), more remodeling (hopefully), and who knows what else! We are so excited to see what the new year brings to us. This past year was filled with blessings big and small -- yet even the small ones seem big sometimes. Our love to all of you, our friends and family, and a hope for good things to come your way this year.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Amanda, what darling pictures. You are such a good blogger! I love you and your darling family. The picture of your coat that won't button up makes me lol! You are such a fun mom!

The Bond Family said...

GREAT POST!! I love the pics and the stories. If it weren't so late I would comment on every single one! Davis is SO darling, I love the tree, the snowman, Davis coloring on the floor, the ABC balloons - way too cute! I miss you so much I am crying right now. I love you and your growing belly and your cute husband and beautiful son.

Keri said...

I love Davis' face in that picture too! It looks like you guys are having a great time staying busy and all. How do you like working a couple days again? I can't keep up with anything cause of it too!!! So know that you aren't the only one. Davis makes me laugh - I can't wait for your next one. Have you remodeled the babies room yet?

Michelle said...

Cute post! Love it! So many cute pictures!

Bonnie said...

Amanda!! It's Bonnie (Ellis). I found you somehow and I'm so glad I did. How are you? Cute little family you have! When are you due? Do you know what you're having? I'm having our #3, due in June. You'll have to write me back. I'm sure you can click on my name to get on my blog, but it's slaterbunch.blogspot.com.

ceryl said...

SO glad you had such a fun season! Love the little sonwman:) You are a cute mom!

The Grant Family said...

Amanda, your family is so darling. You look so happy. check out my blog daveandtaragrantfamily.blogspot

Davis' Birthday

Davis' Birthday
It's a tradition now . . . Davis gets a pinata on every birthday!

The New Kitchen

The New Kitchen
In four months or less, your kitchen could look like this! :)

Pineview Trip

Pineview Trip
Favorite Cousin

Davis and Jane have fun together

So hard to leave . . .

Davis and Daddy