Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Davis' New Bed

Our second priority with Davis before the baby comes was getting him to sleep in a toddler bed. I was gearing up for failure, and night after night of having to tell him to go back to his bed. To my pleasant surprise, Davis has slept in his bed for almost two weeks and hasn't tried to get out even once. He loves his ABC quilt and new dots pillow, and he has made the change so easy for us. He is such a little angel. Really, every night I lay him down I realize, "I didn't even have to get mad at him for one thing today." He is so pleasant, and so afraid of punishment of any kind, that he just submits like a champ! I feel so blessed and lucky to have him.



Here's our little angel asleep in his new bed:



8 comments:

Keri said...

So cute! I bet Aidan would just LOOOVE a car bed. :) I'm so glad that he's a good little boy. We need to get the kids together soon....

Amy said...

Amanda, he is definitely an angel, and like mom always says, "enjoy it", because you won't get another like him. What a sweetie! I could just eat him up!

Michelle said...

What a good little boy! I love his new bed. Cute pictures of him sleeping. The sleeping pictures are always my favorite :)... I was just thinking, you need to come get your hair done because I really want a massage. J/k but not about the last part. :)

The Hodsons said...

Oh, these pictures melt my heart! What a great kid!

The Bond Family said...

you ARE lucky to have such a sweet little boy. I can't believe he has adapted so well to all the changes he's faced - baby #2 will be a piece of cake for him. I'm a little envious since I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't been frustrated with Amelia, but mostly I am so happy for you and miss my sweet little nephew. LOVE YOU!

ceryl said...

He is so stinkin cute. YOu will be so glad to have such a good little guy when your next one comes! When are you due by the way???

The Mason Family said...

Hey honey! That's great that the bed transition went so well! I feel the same way about Rhys- I can't believe how lucky I am to have such an angel baby. I'm SO sorry we didn't get to see you while we were there. I really have no excuse. I kept meaning to call you and then the day would be gone- I'm really mad at myself! And I'm also super jealous about the Coldplay concert- how awesome!

Jessica said...

What a dreamy little champ!

Davis' Birthday

Davis' Birthday
It's a tradition now . . . Davis gets a pinata on every birthday!

The New Kitchen

The New Kitchen
In four months or less, your kitchen could look like this! :)

Pineview Trip

Pineview Trip
Favorite Cousin

Davis and Jane have fun together

So hard to leave . . .

Davis and Daddy